Meet the LGM CEPs
- Graduated in 1999 from the University of East London with a degree in fitness and health.
- 25+ years of experience as a fitness instructor.
Even though Phase 2 of Let’s Get Moving is in its infancy, I can already see so many positive changes that many of my patients are making. I’m very excited about what the future holds for the participants I’ve met so far.
How I keep active:
- Teaching group exercise on a daily basis
- I enjoy bike rides with my 6 year old daughter on her tag-along bike which is attached to mine. This can be challenging at times when she decides she isn’t going to pedal!
- I feel lucky to have the seafront on my doorstep, where I enjoy jogging and taking in the scenery.
“You don’t have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great.” – Zig Ziglar
- Qualified level 3 personal trainer and Sports Massage Therapist
- Qualified Tai chi trainer from the Dreaming Dragon school of Tai chi
- Currently work part-time as an advocate in the voluntary/health sector
Favourite LGM success story:
One of my patients – a lady in her late 60s – already had a treadmill at home but it was stored away. We discussed what she wanted to do and several things came up. After talking about this and other issues that were stopping her, we set a plan. She called and looked into aqua aerobics and I looked into finding some Yoga and Tai chi classes in Harlow. At her 6-week call stage, she told me that she had joined the gym, had been going to aqua fit two days a week, and that she’d decided to join a gentle exercise group. The aqua fit helped her make lots of friends, and she has since been filling in the activity diary to help monitor her progress. She told me that Let’s Get Moving had given her the motivation to get started.
How I keep active:
- I am a keen walker; I do anything from a trip to town to longer walks with friends like the Harlow to London canal walk. I am also in the planning stages of walking Hadrian’s wall next year.
- My main sport is Chinese martial arts, which includes Tai chi, Wushu, Sanshou and straight sword. I have been training with the Dreaming Dragon School of martial arts for 12 years.
“When time seems to run out, I keep two things in mind: I can always fit in 15 minutes of something, and stretch, stretch, stretch!”
Audley Mills Surgery
- European Institute of Fitness Master Trainer
- Level 3 Personal Trainer
I’ve always been interested in being active and playing sport. Up until a couple of years ago, this was just a hobby for me, but luckily I’ve been able to make this my job. I understand the difficulties of fitting activity into busy daily lives, but I love nothing more than helping people to overcome challenges and achieve their goals.
The opportunity to be involved in LGM is so exciting. It’s important to me to support my local community by helping people become healthier and fitter.
How You Keep active:
- I love to play sport. I play netball and squash on a regular basis and have been with my netball club – Billericay NC – since i was 11!
“Take one day at a time. Small goals are more achievable and when you meet your goals the feeling is great and can motivate you to move onto the next one!”